WORK VISA: CRITICAL SKILLS
HOW CAN ONE APPLY FOR THIS VISA?
You have to apply in one of the South African Visa Facilitation Centres which are situated in:
- South Africa Visa Application Centre – London
Address: 66 Wilson Street, EC2 A2JX London
- South Africa Visa Application Centre – Manchester
Address: No. 50 Devonshire Street North, M12 6JH Manchester
- South Africa Visa Application Centre - Edinburgh
Address: 1 Rennie’s Isle, EH6 6QT Edinburgh
- WEBSITE: SOUTH AFRICAN VISA FACILITATION CENTRE IN THE UK
- SOUTH AFRICA VISA APPLICATION CENTRE IS NOT PROVIDING A WALK-IN SERVICE; IT IS BY ONLINE APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please Note: Holders of Diplomatic Passports who submit their applications under cover of a Note Verbale for travel to South Africa for official purposes should continue to submit their applications at the South African High Commission in South Africa House Trafalgar Square.
||Two passport size photographs. See guidelines on Passport & ID Photograph Specifications
||Passport valid for no less than 30 days after expiry
of the intended visit.
||Full birth certificate in respect of each dependent
||Marriage certificate or in a case of foreign spousal
relationship, proof of official recognition thereof issued by the
authorities of the foreign country of the applicant (where applicable).
||Affidavit where a spousal relationship to a South
African citizen or resident is applicable as well as documentation
proving cohabitation and the extent to which the related financial
responsibilities are shared by the parties and setting out the particulars
of children in the spousal relationship.
||Proof of union recognized in terms of the Recognition
of Customary Marriages Act, 1998 (Act No. 12 of 1998), where applicable.
||Written consent from both parents or sole custody
parent where applicable with proof of sole custody.
||Proof of legal adoption (Where applicable).
||Legal separation order (Where applicable).
||Police clearance certificates in respect of applicants
18 years and older, in respect of all countries where person resided
one year or longer.
||Vaccination certificate, if required by the Act.
Critical Skills List, see directive, page 12 to page 23
Professional Accreditation Bodies and Councils, see directive, page 24 to page 25
An application for a critical skills work visa shall be accompanied by proof that the applicant falls within the critical skills category in the form of -
- A confirmation, in writing, from the professional body, council or board recognised by SAQA in terms of section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act, or any relevant government Department confirming the skills or qualifications of the applicant and appropriate post qualification experience;
- If required by law, proof of application for a certificate of registration with the professional body, council or board recognised by SAQA in terms of section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act; and
- proof of evaluation of the foreign qualification by SAQA and translated by a sworn translator into one of the official languages of the Republic.
A critical skills work visa shall be issued for a period not exceeding five years.
A spouse and dependent children of a holder of a critical skills work visa shall be issued with an appropriate visa valid for a period not exceeding the period of validity of the applicant's critical skills work visa.
DOCUMENTS TO BE DOWNLOADED
MEDICAL REPORT BI 811
RADIOLOGICAL REPORT BI 806
Page Updated 3/05/2016