VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR UK CITIZENS
SOUTH AFRICAN VISA FACILITATION SERVICE (VFS GLOBAL) WILL START OPERATING IN LONDON, MANCHESTER AND EDINBURGH FROM FRIDAY, 7 AUGUST 2015.
In an effort to improve our service to British citizens and other nationals residing in UK who wish to travel to South Africa, a South African Visa Facilitation Service (VFS Global) will start operating in London, Manchester and Edinburgh from Friday, 7 August 2015.
VFS Global has had international success and is currently facilitating visas for South African Missions in Africa and Asia, countries such as Kenya, DRC, Angola, Nigeria, Ghana, China and India....Please Read more
||The office dealing with Foreign Passport Holders will be opened from 09h00 - 11h00 Monday to Friday except on public holidays. No one will be attended to after. No appointments needed. Collections will be from 11h00 - 12h00.
||PHYSICAL ADDRESS IS:
South African High Commission
London SW1A 2DD.
- The applicant can collect themselves and must provide their passport
- Sending someone else to collect on your behalf. They must provide a letter of consent from the applicant, proof of identification and the passport of the applicant.
Please provide us with your e-mail address. The e-mail address must
be written at the bottom of the first page of the visa application
||All applicants must apply in person
||No flight arrangements have to be made until
the processing officer has informed you of the
likelihood of the permit being issued to you.
||All payment must be in a form of cash, money order
or bank certified check.
||All applicants must provide their e –
mail addresses so that they can be informed
of the status of their applications.
|| Incomplete applications will not be considered.
||No calls should be made to the office until
the application has passed stated turn around
The maximum period that United Kingdom passport holders may be admitted
by the immigration officer is 90 days. The basic requirements
that may be requested by the immigration officer at the place/port
of entry are the following:
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended
- Your passport must have 2 (two) blank visa pages
- A vaccination certificate, if required by the Act
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the living expenses during the sojourn in the Republic in the form of:
- Recent bank statement (3 months);
- Salary advises (3 months);
- Travellers’ cheques.
- Applicants travelling by air must be in possession of a return or
- Statement and/or documentation confirming purpose and duration of
- Documentation detailing the purpose of the visit and institutions
or persons in the Republic involved, if any
- Proof of fixed employment or other commitments thereof
- This three (3) month period may be extended by a District or Regional
Office of the Department of Home Affairs for an additional
three months providing an application for an extension is made thirty
prior to the expiry of the original permit. The approval
of such application is at the discretion of the Regional/District
Department of Home Affairs.
- United Kingdom passport holders, who are seasonal visitors (more
than six (6) months) to South Africa, may apply for a Retired Person's
If approved, this permit may be granted for up to four (4) years.
- Once admitted to South Africa, United Kingdom passport holders
are advised to pay attention to the expiry date given to them on
Residence Permit (on the green control sticker). Failure to comply
may lead to prosecution and/or a fine in terms of Section 49 and
Section 50 of the Immigration Act 13 of 2002,
Page Updated 3/08/2015