OPENING HOURS ARE:
The office dealing with Foreign Passport Holders will be opened from 09h00 - 11h00 Monday to Friday except on public holidays. Collections will be from 11h00 - 12h00
United Kingdom passport holders do not require a visa to enter South Africa.
The maximum period that United Kingdom passport holders may be admitted
by the immigration officer is 90 days. The basic requirements
that may be requested by the immigration officer at the place/port
of entry are the following:
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended
- Your passport must have a blank visa page
- A vaccination certificate, if required by the Act
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the living expenses during the sojourn in the Republic in the form of:
- Recent bank statement (3 months);
- Salary advises (3 months);
- Travellers’ cheques.
- Applicants travelling by air must be in possession of a return or
- Statement and/or documentation confirming purpose and duration of
- Documentation detailing the purpose of the visit and institutions
or persons in the Republic involved, if any
- Proof of fixed employment or other commitments thereof
- This three (3) month period may be extended by a District or Regional
Office of the Department of Home Affairs for an additional
three months providing an application for an extension is made thirty
prior to the expiry of the original permit. The approval
of such application is at the discretion of the Regional/District
Department of Home Affairs.
- United Kingdom passport holders, who are seasonal visitors (more
than six (6) months) to South Africa, may apply for a Retired Person's
If approved, this permit may be granted for up to four (4) years.
- Once admitted to South Africa, United Kingdom passport holders
are advised to pay attention to the expiry date given to them on
Residence Permit (on the green control sticker). Failure to comply
may lead to prosecution and/or a fine in terms of Section 49 and
Section 50 of the Immigration Act 13 of 2002,